It's something about Frozen Yogurt that makes me so happy.
Yes, you can make homemade frozen yoghurt with just 2 ingredients and no ice cream machine! Finding a stupid-simple recipe for froyo proved to be surprisingly difficult. For most of the recipes, you need all kinds of fancy ingredients. Not so for mine! And it took me only 5 minutes to make it!
2 ingredients and 5 minutes. Now that is my kind of math! Besides the fact that this recipe is quick and easy, the real cherry on top is that it doesn't contain any refined sugar.
So we are talking about a dessert, which takes only minutes to make, is totally customisable in flavour and is much healthier than the store-bought froyo.
Here are a few important things before we jump right into the recipe:
- You can use any type of frozen fruit. However, if you use fruits which are naturally low in fructose, such as berries, you might want to add a little bit of honey.
- You can use any kind of yoghurt. Doesn't matter if it's Greek yoghurt, plain, low fat, high fat, vanilla or strawberry.
- You can add mix-ins and toppings as you like. Nutella, chocolate chips, nuts or anything that is involved in your Froyo fantasies.
Are you ready to satisfy your sweet tooth without any guilt? There you go!
- 2 cups (200g) frozen grapes
- 1/2 cup (125g) yoghurt (I used vanilla yoghurt)
- optional: 25g vanilla whey
Macros (without the whey)
- Calories: 201 kcal
- Carbs: 37g
- Protein: 10g
- Fat: 1g
Freeze the grapes overnight.
Add frozen grapes, yoghurt and -if you use it - whey to a food processor and blend until it's creamy.
Serve the frozen yoghurt immediately or transfer it to an airtight container and store it in the freezer for up to 1 month. If you enjoy it immediately use any topping you like.
Let me know what your favourite toppings are in the comment section down below.